Conprehensive Seasonal Maintenance Package
Spring Grounds Clean-up (March/April)
- Removal of leaves & debris throughout entire property.
- Removal of any unsightly leftover weeds.
Edging of Plant Beds (March-May)
- All existing plant beds and tree circles will be re-edged in order to define a clean border between lawn and bed spaces.
Tree & Shrub Fertilization (March- May)
- All trees and shrubs will be fertilized in the spring with a slow release granular fertilizer containing micro-nutrients to develop healthy foliage, deep rooting and disease tolerant plants.
Mulching of Plant Beds (March-June)
- Bark (Premium Double Ground) – applied to all planting beds to maintain a 2” coverage.
- Mushroom Compost – applied to all annual/perennial beds to maintain a 2” coverage.
Weekly Lawn Services (April-November)
- Lawn Mowing – All lawn areas shall be mowed as often as needed in order to maintain the proper height for optimum health and appearance (2” to 2 1/2”). Maintaining at this height will result in less stress on the grass and will help prevent undesirable weeds and crabgrass from developing.
- String Trimming – After each weekly mowing a string trimmer will used on all bed edges, tree circles, walkways, and driveways to remove any grass overgrowth and provide a clean balanced look and enhance your properties overall appearance.
- Service Period – This service is based on an average of 32 cuts per season.
- Service Day – We create a daily schedule in the spring and try to keep up with it throughout the growing season, (weather permitting). So that means we will be on your property on the same day and roughly the same time each and every week during the season.
Lawn Fertilization (Throughout Season)
- All lawns will be fertilized (5) times annually with a slow release granular fertilizer containing micro-nutrients which help develop healthy foliage, deep rooting and disease tolerant plants. Our fertilization program also includes (2) other applications that are beneficial to the health of your lawn. All the applications are explained below.
- Pre-Emergent (March/April) – fertilizer with a pre-emergent herbicide geared toward crabgrass and annual grass control.
- Weed n Feed #1 (May/June) – fertilizer with a broadleaf weed herbicide to provide partial weed control.
- Weed n Feed #2 (July/August) – fertilizer with balanced micro-nutrient package.
- Weed n Feed #3 (September/October) – fertilizer with balanced micro-nutrient package.
- Winterizer (October/November) – fertilizer with slower than usual release of nutrients.
- Extra Applications / Services
- Grub Control (Summer) – helps decrease root damage from grubs and reduces available food supply for foraging animals.
- Lime (Spring or Fall) – raises the soil pH level enabling grass roots to more efficiently utilize nutrients and promoting bacterial breakdown of thatch.
- Core Aeration (Fall) – aids in the break down of clay soils, and also allows for air and nutrients to penetrate into the root zone. In turn this will provide stronger and healthier roots, providing a thicker, greener lawn.
Annual Flower Installation (May/June)
- Brandon Landscape will professionally design, select and install annual flowers in the areas of greatest impact on your property.
- Flowers will be fertilized with a slow release fertilizer to promote growth and enhance the visual effect through the growing season.
- Deer/ or Rodent repellant can be applied for additional cost upon request. The (non toxic) repellant is a liquid that is applied directly to the flower and the foliage in an effort to reduce any damage to your investment.
- We also offer perennial designs and installations.
Shrub Bed Maintenance (Weekly/As Needed)
- All shrub beds will be treated with a pre-emergent herbicide in early spring and will receive follow-up post-emergent herbicide applications and/ or hand-weeding as needed. This program is geared toward weed control for the entire season.
Tree & Shrub Pruning (June-September)
- As indicated by ANLA nursery standards, all evergreen and deciduous trees/shrubs up to 15' will be pruned, sheared, or thinned in order to promote and develop a well balanced, neat sturdy plant.
Fall Grounds Clean-up (September-November)
- Removal of leaves and debris throughout entire property.
- Remove spent annual flowers.
- Cut back spent perennial growth.